Lakewood Historical Society - Lakewood’s Templar Motors: 100 years since the Founding - Presented by Dave Buehler
With legendary names such as Winton, Baker, Sperry, Lang and Parrish associated with the city on the lake, Lakewood’s own transportation history is vast. The core of Lakewood’s automobile history could be based around the city’s one and only automobile manufacturer—the Templar Motors Company. Located on Athens Avenue, the Templar Motors Company operated from 1917 to 1924 and manufactured cars for a global market with over 130 dealers worldwide. The company had many firsts, including the first car over the Detroit-Superior Bridge and the first car through the Rocky River reservation. This presentation will cover many aspects of the hundred years since the founding of Templar Motors.