Lakewood Historical Society - History of Lakewood’s Masonic Lodge and Temple Presentation by Bob Niebaum
For more than one hundred years, Lakewood’s Masonic Lodge has been at the center of the city’s life and events. Organized in 1908, the lodge originally occupied quarters above First Federal Lakewood at the corner of Warren and Detroit Roads. In 1916 it was relocated two blocks west into a new, classically inspired Masonic Temple on the corner of Detroit and Andrews. Lodge member Bob Niebaum will review the history of this Lakewood institution and the role the Masons have played in the history of Lakewood itself. This program will take place at the Masonic Temple, so that the audience may partake in an optional building tour.